FitWalk® is a branded fitness program for all levels. Fitwalk is a traveling bootcamp program designed to inspire the general population of fit and non fit individuals to move in new ways and really step into a new fitness level. Tracey created fitwalk in 2004, after having 2 children and needing to step up her program to reach a higher level of fitness. Fitwalk incorporates traditional strength training (using light weights) , agility and speed intervals, body weight training, core function and cardio in an outdoor environment which is fun for all. The program is designed for up to 3 or 4 classes a week. Results are almost immediate due to the combination of fresh air , cardio and strength combined with group camaraderie. This dynamic program is community building ad is headed to help make our nation fit and healthy!
The Benefits of FitWalk® Include
- Lean body muscle and weight loss due to strength training and cardio combination work.
- An increase in working heart rate from 5 to 17 beats per minute versus walking without weights
- A release of pain and muscle tension in neck/shoulder/back region, due to strength training moves
- Activation of muscle groups not ordinarily used in fitness walking, including core,shoulder muscles, large pectoral muscles, broad back muscles, triceps and biceps.
- Expending approximately 400 calories per hour vs. 280 calories per hour in normal walking.
- Increase in balance, oxygen level, and overall strength due to the training format and stability exercises.
“You discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be” – Pantanjali