If you are anything like me, all rules and routines go out the window for the holiday’s. The good news is that’s ok! Sometimes it’s good to break away from routine and overindulge. It makes us more aware of how disciplined we are throughout the year, and it helps bring us to a starting point for new healthy habits.
Here are 8 Tips to help you start Fresh for 2014
1. Let it go: We all know we can’t change the past. Our thoughts of past behaviors will continue to surface and it’s our job to break the pattern. Instead of reliving how many sweets we ate, start planning a healthy shopping list.
2. Purify: Start the day with a full glass of water. Our bodies are 60% water so by drinking we flush out fats and impuritys. Add lemon to rid your body of toxins.
3. Ignite: Move…Your body needs to move and feel all it’s parts. We are not meant to be sedendary. With all the technology, we can get from A to Z with the touch of a keypad. It’s important to find ways to keep active. Working out is one way to really focus on you and your body. Take a class, do a tape, walk or run outside. You will always feel refreashed and focused when you are finished.
4. Seek Peace: You have to accept what is, in order to move on. Do you have a method for quieting the mind? For some it’s a walk in nature, for others playing an instrument still others just simply sitting quietly can bring us back to life and focus on what really matters .
5. Choose Gratitude: Chances are if you are reading this, you have it pretty good. When you find yourself complaining or judging try to turn it around and focus on the goodness of any given situation. You will be surprised how great you will feel.
6. Cut the slack: You are your worst critic. Stop the negative self talk and start praising yourself for better decisions.
7. ZZZZZ “Sleep is the golden chain that links mind to body” Don’t underestimate the value of sleep to restore the body and mind, so you can be healthy and strong. 6 to 8 hours per night will do wonderd for your mood and attitude.
8. Don’t give up! Stay the course, there will always be challenges and even road blocks. Keep your eye on the goal and keep pushing.
We have some really great deals for group classes. If you want more attention, try a private training. Hope to see you in January.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!