Do you tire easily in activity? Want to build up your stamina? There are several factors that can prohibit optimal training or even daily functional energy. Lots of things contribute to your daily zest for life. By bringing awareness and practice that can be added vitality to our lives.
While we may know what is important, it’s useful to see a checklist in case you are lacking in one area. When one area is lacking it can cause in harmony in your well-being.
Here Are 5 Tips To Brighten Your Well-Being!
- Move your body daily! It doesn’t have to be a full workout, just a walk, dance, walk the dog, or 20 minutes of movement. It could be anything, just let it become a daily habit! Movement is an essential part of your life.
- Getting enough sleep! Sleep helps maintain your metabolism, essential for weight loss. Have you noticed that when you don’t get enough sleep, you tend to crave carbs and sugar more? If you’re trying to loose weight, healthy sleep is ESSENTIAL to helping curb those sugar cravings, preventing you from loosing that weight. A consistent sleep schedule keeps your body in rhythm. After a good rest you feel so much more alive!
- Daily mind body awareness! Sit and breathe. Stop and focus on the breath and proper body positioning for a few moments. Breath is our life force. After a few quiet moments we can feel a real connection and be fully present and calmer in our lives.
- Connect We are social beings by nature. Having a good friend or group to share experiences with will reinforce our joy and help us connect with our inner presence.
- Eat right! Eat something substantial early in the day Proper nourishment is the primary fuel for our bodies. In order to maintain stamina, we should balance our food intake with awareness.
Ideally this meal will be primarily carbohydrates with some protein. Here’s an easy way to imagine this.
Hold out your hand. Have about 2 fistfuls of carbohydrate and 1 of protein.
- 1 Greek yogurt with a banana (2 parts carbs, 1 part protein).
- 1 Slice of whole grain toast, 1 orange, 1 egg.
- 1/2 Cup of Oatmeal, 1 apple + low fat milk.
- 1 or 2 Tbs of almond butter or my personal favorite Sunflower seed Butter on whole grain bread with some fruit
- Even a Turkey sandwich. (Yes! It’s okay to have a non-breakfast food!)
If you are working out, try to eat 2 hours before your workout.
The closer you get to the actual workout, time wise, the less you should eat so you don’t have heavy food sitting in your stomach while working out.
Remember, if you think fit, you will get fit, and if you get fit, you will BEFIT®.
– Tracey G.